August 9, 2008 § Leave a comment
Oh August 9. Have you come already?
Let’s see what we have here:
- Have I been practicing? Check.
- Have I been fundraising? At least 200 people have been emailed, and approximately 3% have responded with donations, so: Check.
- Have I been running? Check! Well, today I made the bittersweet, fatigue-induced discovery that maybe I can’t quite pull 2-hour runs out of absolutely nothing like I’ve been known to brag, but give me another week, I say… give me another week.
July 31, 2008 § Leave a comment
I want to run.
- I want to run until my legs want to fall off.
- I want to run until my heart no longer beats in anxiety or desperation.
- I want to run until my mind knows of nothing but my breath, my muscles and joints, and my sweat.
- I want to run until my only desire is oxygen and water and ground to tread over.
- I want to run until the rhythm of my footsteps and my breath becomes ingrained in my pulse forever and evermore.
July 25, 2008 § Leave a comment
I’ve been fascinated these days with the notion of grad study at RISD. Here I go again with new ideas all the time, one semi-whimsical/semi-obsession-induced marathon after another, but this is my way of dealing. I just finished my last day of summer school, and I’m looking forward to the start of the fall semester in three weeks so I can dive into a slew of design classes and start working on my design portfolio for my application in about two-ish years.
But first, this marathon. Training, Recital Prep, Fundraising, and sleep. Concentrate, Katrina, and follow through. I keep forgetting to breathe. Has Hapkido taught me nothing?
A more useful update once I have something positive to report.
P.S. I keep daydreaming about pianos. This is good, this is very good. I have also been acquainting myself with the Prokofiev piano sonatas… I recommend them.